Thursday 12 January 2012

Struggling...

This week has not been a good week. Not much has happened to trigger this - I have just been completely unmotivated and feeling down. On Tuesday, Master N had his first day back at daycare for the year, but I was out for the day with Master T getting immunisations and so forth. Yesterday morning started really well - I went for my first (and only) walk since having Master T, got some housework done all before the boys woke up. But as the day went on, I felt worse and worse. Thankfully, spending some time with hubby before bed did help a little :-)

Today, Master N was back at daycare and I felt lost not knowing what to do for the day while Master T slept. I am proud to say that, despite this, I made the choice to be productive. I don't know how I did it - I just did. I have been wanting to start meal planning for a while now - especially as Master N is a rather fussy toddler, and I am starting to struggle with my weight - and today I sat down and wrote up my first meal plan. I have pretty much got the shopping list finished ready for when I go shopping tomorrow - hopefully it will be a success.

I have also been thinking and reflecting about this week's challenge of the SYL 52 week challenge. But I am struggling. I just can't focus. I have tried writing things down, I have tried talking to hubby, I have tried thinking about it in the shower & while feeding Master T - but nothing is working. I don't know what else to try. I'm sure it will come to me - it just might not be ready for the linky on Monday morning :-(

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly, I am sorry to hear you aren't feeling great this week... the only words that come to mind at the moment are to not put pressure on yourself... you are doing great just as you are and it is a hard topic that you haven't thought about or talked about before, so even doing that is a great step!
    hang in there, the sun will come up again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definetly not alone!! I was feeling the same ALL week and the challenge certainly made me stress more! But I finally just thought "right I am going to sit down and just write it and publish and then thats it!!" ..... and it took a bit but I did it and it was published and I felt much better. :) Its not going to be wrong so dont worry too much! I hope you start to pick up soon, I feel like i have a newborn again (my daughter is 10 months) I haven't had much sleep this week and everything seems to be getting too much!! Hang in there we all know its gotta get better!!! I look forward to reading your post when you get a chance - but dont stress about it, it will all work out ok :) and congratulations on getting out for a walk!! Sometimes a small thing as that is actually a major feat!!!! (And good luck with your grocery shopping - meal planning certainly destressed my household last year:) ) xx

    ReplyDelete