Tuesday 7 February 2012

I Miss Him So Much...& Yes, I'm a Sook.

My husband left early on Sunday morning to fly to Melbourne for a conference. He will be back late on Thursday night. That's only 5 days without him...easy, right? No - well, not for me anyway. As much as I am happy for him that he can go to gain experience & network for his career, I really wish he didn't have to go.

I am still struggling with my PND (although it does seem to be improving now that I'm on a new medication), & although our 2 boys are pretty well behaved for the most part, it is very draining - both physically & emotionally when he is not here to help and support me. I have plenty of family and friends who are willing to help if needed but I am one of those people who will not ask for help unless I am absolutely desperate (& that's still no guarantee). I think this contributed to my PND too, but I will leave that for another day.

I have been coping really well & getting things done up until this afternoon. From the time I arrived at daycare to collect Master N right up until bedtime, he was being cheeky. Not really naughty, just pushing the boundaries a little more than usual. That seemed to be enough to trigger a dip for me, but at least he (& his little brother) are now in bed and quiet, if not actually asleep (I'm not game to check on him just yet lol).

As with any night we are apart, I talked to my husband on the phone and felt a little better. After we said goodnight, we hung up and then the tears came. I just miss him so much - the next 2 days will not go fast enough!

Linking up for the first time with Diary of a Stay At Home Mum for IBOT.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Kelly, I hear you. I hate it when Boatman goes away too, though he rarely does. And PND makes everything so much more complicated.

    Hope these two days fly through for you.

    Oh and thanks for joining in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! It's a fairly new experience for me - the first time he went away was 2 weeks after I gave birth to our second child (in September 2011)...thankfully my parents were around a lot during that week though.

      Delete
  2. I used to miss my husband too (even after yrs of being married - we are coming up to 22yrs in 2 days).
    It is such a sweet thing to miss him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its awful when they have to go away isn't it? I don't appreciate how much Mr Bond does while he is here until he is away for a few days, tackling Skye on my own is exhausting, you must be feeling so outnumbered.
    I hope you are feeling happier now that he is home again :)

    ReplyDelete